The Texas Exes has an immediate opening for a full-time, exempt position of Executive Assistant. This person performs a variety of administrative tasks to support our executive staff and will report directly to the Associate Executive Director.
The ideal executive assistant is motivated, resourceful, proactive, and professional. They maintain confidentiality, use discretion, manage their own workload without guidance, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. They are exceedingly well-organized, flexible, have great time-management skills, and possess a positive, can-do attitude. Additionally, they are adept in technology, learn quickly, and can anticipate needs.
Major Job Functions
o Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks, including:
o Managing executives’ calendars and scheduling meetings requiring interaction with both internal and external executives, key alumni, campus administration, faculty, their assistants, and staff
o Meeting coordination including compiling documents, creating presentations, catering coordination, A/V requests, parking and meeting space reservations, and general assistance with any other necessary collateral
o Composing and preparing correspondence
o Arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas as required
o Completing expense reports
- Work closely and effectively with executives to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follow up appropriately
- Attend meetings with executives when needed to take notes and follow up on required tasks
- Proofread documents, scripts, and correspondence
- Serve as gatekeeper for executives including:
- filtering callers and visitors
- helping or directing incoming callers and visitors appropriately
- maximizing the time of those you support
- Administer a wide range of special projects
- Format documents, presentations and reports for internal and external communication
· Perform general administration duties such as copying, filing, shipping packages, campus deliveries, etc.
Essential Job Requirements
- Experience as a successful executive administrative assistant reporting directly to senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
- Highly professional demeanor; emotional maturity
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong proficiency of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Strong calendar management skills
- Computer literacy adequate for database manipulation and report generation
- Experience with Salesforce and Office 365 preferred
- Be available for occasional after-hours work-related issues and questions from AED and ED
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Proof of authorization to work in the U.S. upon hire
- Pass background check
The Texas Exes prides itself on being a family-oriented and fulfilling working environment. We are a close-knit team of mission-driven people who get the job done. We offer our full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package (generous 401K match, fully paid health premium options with employer contribution into an HSA, and free parking—just to name a few), and a professional culture that rewards and acknowledges hard work, creativity, and loyalty.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume, cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS by 7/12/19 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting.
No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer