Committee Chair: Cassidy Laminack
Cassidy Laminack left her distant hometown of San Antonio, TX in 2008 to attend the University of Texas.
While earning her degree, she played for the UT Women’s Water Polo team, volunteered with campus organization StandOUT, and was a Research Assistant to Dr. Pujols under Dr. Meston in the Sexual Psychophysiology Laboratory. Cassidy graduated with her BA in Psychology in 2012.
Currently, Cassidy is seeking an MA in Counseling with dual licensure while working full time with a local communications firm. As Outreach Chair for the Texas Exes Pride Network , Cassidy strives to build a strong network for LGBTQIA Texas Exes and hopes to promote overall good vibes in the queer and allied community. She is extremely passionate in these goals and continues to be driven by the triumphs and shortcomings seen by the queer community.
Cassidy is also a full time caretaker of two Persian cats, one scruffy dog, and a blind chicken. Her mother lives in Helotes, TX with their two draft horses, three mules, three miniature horses, and one sister.
Duties of the Membership & Outreach Committee Chair
- Attend all board meetings
- Host committee meetings outside of the board meetings
- Communicate with committee volunteers on a regular basis
- Welcome new volunteers to committee via e-mail
- Work closely with the UT Gender and Sexuality Center and LGBT student organizations to ensure a network presence at major events
- Host Alumni Celebration following Lavender Graduation to welcome new graduates and recruit alumni and network members
- Help to recruit and retain new members by developing programs or processes for pulling in new members and new volunteers
- Ensure membership brochures and Texas Exes branded name tags are available at every event
- Ensure that every Network leader is a current member of the Texas Exes
- Promote the value of membership at events