The Texas Exes Student Ambassadors represent the association and encourage involvement in the Texas Exes among their fellow students. The group includes up to 10 current students volunteers who bleed burnt orange. Designed to strengthen both student-to-student and student-to-alumni relationships, this group meets regularly to discuss and plan with Texas Exes staff and partners.
Required Qualifications/Essential Requirements
- Must serve both Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 Semester
- Must be currently enrolled in The University of Texas at Austin.
- Must be in good academic standing with the university with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Must attend monthly Texas Exes Student Ambassador Group meetings and any other meetings assigned for relevant events/duties.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work on a team
- Must contain strong organizational skills
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate daytime, evening and weekend work
- Must be a current Texas Exes Student Member or become one if selected
Ambassador Areas of Involvement
Student Ambassadors work alongside the Student Engagement Coordinator to assist in the creation and execution of various student-focused events.
Events include (but are not limited to) the annual Texas Fight Rally & Parade, student tailgates, Student Awards, Dinner & Discussions, Ring Week, Ring Celebration, Longhorn Run, Great Texas Exit and many more Longhorn traditions.
- Discounted Class Ring
- Discounted Life Membership
- Mentoring and Networking Opportunities
- Admission to Texas Exes Events
Application Timeline Fall 2020
- August 3: Application Opens
- September 11, 11:59 p.m.: Application Closes
- September 21-25: Interview Selections
- September 25: Ambassador Decisions Finalized
Please contact Thomas Schiefer with any questions, comments or concerns.