The Texas Exes Student Ambassadors represent the association and encourage involvement in the Texas Exes among their fellow students. The group includes up to 10 current student volunteers who have a lot of burnt-orange spirit. Designed to strengthen both student-to-student and student-to-alumni relationships, this group meets regularly to discuss and plan with Texas Exes staff and partners.
Required Qualifications/Essential Requirements
- Must serve both Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters.
- Must be currently enrolled in The University of Texas at Austin.
- Must be in good academic standing with the university with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Must attend monthly Texas Exes Student Ambassador Group meetings and any other meetings assigned for relevant events/duties.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work on a team
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate daytime, evening, and weekend work.
- Must be a current Texas Exes Student Member or become one if selected.
Ambassador Areas of Involvement
Student Ambassadors work alongside the Student Engagement Coordinator to assist in the creation and execution of various student-focused events.
Events include (but are not limited to) the annual Texas Fight Rally & Parade, student tailgates, student awards and scholarships, Dinner & Discussions, Ring Week, Ring Celebration, Longhorn Run, the Great Texas Exit, and many more Longhorn traditions.
- Discounted Class Ring
- Discounted Life Membership
- Mentoring and Networking Opportunities
- Admission to Texas Exes Events
- Making a Difference on the Forty Acres
Application Timeline Fall 2021
- August 2, 2021: Application Opens
- September 6, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.: Application Closes
- September 13-16, 2021: Interview Selections
- September 17, 2021: Ambassador Decisions Finalized
Please contact Thomas Schiefer with any questions, comments, or concerns.