Student Ambassadors play a key role not only for Texas Exes, but as stewards of The University of Texas at Austin. They represent the alumni association and the university’s goals and values. They also promote support for students attending UT Austin.
Student Ambassadors bring campus-wide awareness to member benefits and resources that the Texas Exes offers—from connecting to the vast network of Longhorns through HookedIn and alumni mentorship opportunities to promoting Texas Exes membership perks, discounts, and resources, Student Ambassadors lead the charge in connecting alumni and students.
The group includes up to 10 current student volunteers and is designed to strengthen both student-to-student and student-to-alumni relationships. This group meets regularly to discuss and plan with Texas Exes staff and partners.
Required Qualifications/Essential Requirements
- Must serve both Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters.
- Must be currently enrolled in The University of Texas at Austin.
- Must be in good academic standing with the university with a minimum 2.50 GPA.
- Must attend monthly Texas Exes Student Ambassador Group meetings and any other meetings assigned for relevant events/duties.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work on a team
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate daytime, evening, and weekend work.
- Must be a current Texas Exes Student Member or become one if selected.
Ambassador Areas of Involvement
Student Ambassadors work alongside the Student Engagement Coordinator to assist in the creation and execution of various student-focused events.
Events include (but are not limited to) the annual Texas Fight Rally & Parade, student tailgates, student awards and scholarships, Dinner & Discussions, Ring Week, Ring Celebration, Longhorn Run, Coffee in the Boardroom, the Great Texas Exit, and many more Longhorn traditions.
- Discounted Class Ring
- Discounted Life Membership
- Mentoring and Networking Opportunities
- Admission to Texas Exes Events
- Making a Difference on the Forty Acres
Application Timeline Fall 2023
- Mon., May 1, 2023: Application Opens
- Wed., August 23, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.: Application Closes
- Mon., August 28 - Fri., September 1, 2023: Interview Selections
- Mon., September 4, 2023: Decisions Finalized
Please contact Alyssa Sanchez with any questions, comments, or concerns.