Pursuant to Article II, Section 3 of our amended bylaws, the Board of Directors approved the following amounts for supporter levels. Prior to voting, the Board of Directors held a conference call to specifically discuss this issue with the members of our Advisory Council.
Burnt Orange Supporter ($50): All members who contribute at this level will be a Sponsor Member for one year and receive a free ticket to this year's Alumni Tailgate and Spring Alumni Weekend. They will also receive all rights outlined in Article II, Section 2 of our amended bylaws. This sponsorship level will need to be renewed yearly to maintain Burnt Orange Supporter status.
Torch Light Supporter ($500): All members who contribute at this level will receive a free ticket to all Fall Alumni Tailgates, all Spring Frisbee Fling Alumni Dinners, and a free or reduced price ticket to other future events as designated by the Board of Directors. These members will receive permanent Torch Light Supporter status and receive the rights outlined in Article II, Section 2 of our amended bylaws.
Torch Light Supporter Installment Plan ($50/month for 10 months): Members may also elect to make ten monthly $50 installments to become a Torch Light Supporter, as described above.
These contributions will be used to support a variety of operating activities for the Alumni Network. Such activities include:
- The Alumni Mentorship Program, which matches Blazers students with Blazers Alumni
- Social and Networking Events (e.g., satellite happy hours, networking dinners, football road game events)
- Fall Alumni Weekend and Spring Alumni Dinner
- Graduation gifts and events (such as the new Texas Blazers graduation stoles)
- Community Service events co-hosted with Blazers (e.g. Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts, Graffiti Park Clean-Up)
- Planning for Future Initiatives (e.g., Eastside Memorial HS renovations, mentorship programs in East Austin, etc.)
Contributions can be paid at the links above or via Venmo. For Venmo, search for "Texas Blazers Alumni Network," "512-943-7858," or "@TexasBlazers-AlumniNetwork" to find our account. Please leave a clear description of what you are paying for in the note section.
If you would like to pay via check, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.