Network President: Kent Kasischke
Born and raised in New Orleans, LA, Kent moved to Texas as quickly as possible spending time in Houston and San
Antonio before graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor of Science in Neurobiology & Psychology. Following that, he earned his Master of Arts in Industrial & Organizational Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
Kent is a Life Member of the Texas Exes and has been actively involved in the Texas Exes as a committee member and then leader for the Austin and Chicago Chapters. Since 2015, he has been on and off the Pride Network board first as the Spirit & Traditions Chair then Scholarship Chair. He stepped up to serve as the new Pride Network President in 2022.
As a passionate and driven I/O practitioner with experience launching nationwide diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives, Kent is excited to continue growing the Pride Network as it combines his advocacy work with his love of UT.
Duties of the Network President
- Lead the officers and committee chairs of the Network
- Work with committee chairs to meet their goals throughout the year
- Develop strategies for funding the Network scholarship
- Recruit new members to the Network
- Plan and lead board meetings
- Meet with campus and community partners/officials on behalf of the Network
- Develop strategies toward achieving long-term Network goals
- Adhere to the bylaws of the Network and of Texas Exes
- Work closely with the President-Elect to keep him/her informed of all aspects of the Network’s activities
- Encourage Board members to attend the Chapter and Network Leadership Conference
- With the President-Elect, oversee the formation of the nominating committee, who will choose the slate of officers to be voted on for the following year
- Work with the chair-elect to make sure that all required Network documents are turned in by the June 1st deadline
- Identify/secure liaisons for Gender and Sexuality Center, Pride & Equity Faculty Staff Association, and LGBTQIA+ student organizations