The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces an opening for the Spring semester for the part-time (12 hours/week), non-exempt position of Alcalde Editorial Intern for hourly compensation or class credit.
Major Job Functions
If writing about fascinating research, successful alumni, and a range of fun Longhorn events sounds up your alley, come get journalism experience at the Alcalde, the award-winning alumni magazine of The University of Texas at Austin. You’ll help us produce our bimonthly magazine, web content, and social media posts. Working on a fun and fast-paced communications team, you’ll enjoy a balance of writing creatively for print and web, often about your own story ideas. Campus life, trends, sports, books, professors, and research are all possible topics.
More specifically, duties will include:
- Pitching and writing web stories on a daily basis.
- Pitching and helping create inventive social media campaigns to drive traffic for stories.
- Researching and writing for the print magazine
- Editing and fact-checking proofs.
- Stellar grammar and punctuation skills.
- Excellent command of AP style.
- A sharp eye for news.
- Experience with Photoshop, Wordpress, and HTML a plus.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Alcalde Intern” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting. No phone calls please.