Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award
Recognizing student leaders who make an impact on student life.
The Texas Exes Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award was established by the Chaney family in partnership with the Texas Exes in 2018. For nearly a century, Tejas Club members have provided stellar leadership to The University of Texas at Austin and have shaped—and been shaped by—the richness of student life on campus. The Texas Exes Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award was established to recognize an accomplished student leader at the university for their commitment to making an impact on student life on the Forty Acres.
To be eligible for the Texas Exes Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award, one must:
- Be a Tejas Club member in good standing*
- Be currently enrolled at UT Austin
- Submit a resume
- Submit three letters of recommendation from an administrator, faculty member, and/or student leaders citing your impact on student life
*Graduate students are not required to be an active member, but must be in good standing with the Tejas Club with no debts owed.
An ideal applicant should exhibit the following:
- Leadership, integrity, dedication, and creativity.
- A diverse range of accomplishments.
- Experience mentoring Tejas Club members.
- Unselfish devotion to The University of Texas at Austin.
- A demonstrable positive impact on student life
The nomination period for the 2023–24 Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award is now open. Nominations close at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27, 2023.
Class of 2023, Plan II Honors
Roosh Bhosale is a Forty Acres Scholar majoring in Plan II Honors and History on a pre-med track. He has served in a variety of leadership roles in the Tejas Club, the Plan II Honors Program, Texas 4000 for Cancer, and co-founded Texas Eunoia, an undergraduate medical humanities journal. In the summer of 2023, he will bike from Austin to Anchorage for Texas 4000 to raise money for the fight against cancer. He is working on his honors thesis exploring well-being in the context of windowless bedrooms in Austin's west campus neighborhood.