Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award
Recognizing student leaders who make an impact on student life.
The Texas Exes Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award was established by the Chaney family in partnership with the Texas Exes in 2018. For nearly a century, Tejas Club members have provided stellar leadership to The University of Texas at Austin and have shaped—and been shaped by—the richness of student life on campus. The Texas Exes Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award was established to recognize an accomplished student leader at the university for their commitment to making an impact on student life on the Forty Acres.
To be eligible for the Texas Exes Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award, one must:
- Be a Tejas Club member in good standing*
- Be currently enrolled at UT Austin
- Submit a resume
- Submit three letters of recommendation from an administrator, faculty member, and/or student leaders citing your impact on student life
*Graduate students are not required to be an active member, but must be in good standing with the Tejas Club with no debts owed.
An ideal applicant should exhibit the following:
- Leadership, integrity, dedication, and creativity.
- A diverse range of accomplishments.
- Experience mentoring Tejas Club members.
- Unselfish devotion to The University of Texas at Austin.
- A demonstrable positive impact on student life
The nomination period for the 2023–24 Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award is now closed.
Class of 2024, Psychology
Jebin Justin is a fourth-year Psychology major involved in many different parts of campus. He has served as the Philanthropy Chair for Tejas and is currently the Social and Service Chair for Texas Cowboys. Within the TIES Lab, he explores the intricacies of family relationships through the lens of adaptive AI. As the Fundraising Coordinator for Texas 4000, Jebin helped his teammates raise over $4,500 for cancer research and awareness, and is training rigorously for a 4,000-mile ride to Alaska in the summer of 2024. He is also a 2022-2024 FLAS Fellow, achieving fluency in the Tamil language with aspirations to journey to India and contribute to the destigmatization of mental healthcare.