Committee Chair: Currently Vacant
Duties of the Community Engagement Committee Chair
- Attend all board meetings
- Host committee meetings outside of the board meetings
- Communicate with committee volunteers on a regular basis
- Welcome new volunteers to committee via e-mail
- Supervise and coordinate the Network’s Project Worldwide Activity
- Serve as primary contact to the Texas Exes staff and the partnering organization in regards to Project Worldwide
- Work with partnering organizations to plan service activities year-round that will engage Texas Exes and involve their local community.
- Plan for promotion and publicity of Project Worldwide as early as possible. Work with the Communications Chair on publicizing the service activity. Take advantage of monthly Network e-mails sent from Texas Exes and social media outlets.
- Delegate duties to volunteers, board members and committee members. Appoint team leaders when necessary.
- Keep record of the service activity and report to Texas Exes staff (regarding The Project)– submit project, partnering organization used, sign-in sheet for day of activity, number of participants, post-activity evaluations, post-activity report, lessons learned, etc.