About Project Worldwide
Texas Exes and the Department of Diversity and Community Engagement partner together to create a global service initiative, Project Worldwide. Project Worldwide takes place in the month of February in conjunction with The Project, The University of Texas at Austin’s largest day of service, which takes place the last Saturday of February every year. By teaming up, the DDCE and the Texas Exes have extended community service throughout the month of February and around the globe through Project Worldwide.
Why participate in Project Worldwide?
- Engage new alumni that may not have previously been involved with the Chapter/Network
- Chapters/Networks who participate in community service events note that alumni not previously involved with the group are participating in these types of community service activities.
- Great PR for the Chapter/Network
- Highlights UT and Texas Exes all over the country and world
- Reminds your local community of the great things your members are doing
This handbook is designed to guide you through planning a successful service activity. If you already have a service activity in place, or you conduct projects throughout the year, you could simply schedule one of them to occur in the month of February and register the event with the Texas Exes.
All chapters & networks are required to have their participants fill out the linked waiver form for Project Worldwide service activities.
For questions, contact the Chapters and Networks Department staff.