You will need:
- Wooden body (We found ours here, but these should be readily available at any major craft store.)
- Fluffy tail material
- Floral wire
- Small black pompoms for the nose
- Wooden pegs for the arms
- Small Santa hat
- White pipe cleaners
- White acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Paint the body and arms white and allow to dry.
- Glue the tail material to the back of your squirrel. We doubled our tail material over for a fluffier look!
- Affix the acorn to the squirrel, then glue the arms to either side.
- Using floral wire, create a hanger for your squirrel and glue to the top of the squirrel's head.
- Glue the Santa hat on over the floral wire.
- Trim the pipe cleaner to approx. 1/4" and fold in half to create a pointed ear. Put a small dot of hot glue near the edge of the Santa hat and affix the ears to the squirrel's head.
- Using glue, add the pompom nose.
- Almost done! Just draw your squirrel's eyes using the Sharpie.
- Allow all glue to dry completely before hanging your squirrel from your tree.
Don't have time to craft an albino squirrel ornament for the Longhorn in your life? Membership in the Texas Exes makes a great gift and starts at only $60!