Frequently Asked Questions
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for University of Texas. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
- How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
- I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
- Can anyone purchase a directory?
- When will I receive my directory?
- When will I receive my merchandise/membership kit I purchased?
- Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
- I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for University of Texas. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
It is a legitimate project. We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows the Texas Exes and University of Texas to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
The Texas Exes has a contractual agreement with PCI that states: a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by the Texas Exes for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
The Directory will be made available only to alumni of the University of Texas at Austin. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to the Texas Exes all electronic files that have been supplied by the Texas Exes or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the University of Texas project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for University of Texas at Austin alumni is 1-866-485-1441.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1-866-485-1441.
The Texas Exes Alumni Directory is available for sale only to University of Texas at Austin alumni.
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in May of 2020 the directories will be distributed in May of 2021.
Merchandise and membership kits purchased through this project will arrive within 3 weeks of order date.
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.395.4724) or to the Texas Exes.
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.395.4724, and they will take care of this for you.