Do you want to build your career at a place that values people, culture, and connection? The Student Engagement Coordinator creates pathways for UT students to build a long-lasting relationship with the Texas Exes so that they will associate us with goodwill, tradition, meaningful experiences, and a powerful alumni network. The coordinator serves as an advisor for student leaders and is responsible for producing high-quality events, collaborating on brand awareness efforts, and representing the Association within the campus community on initiatives related to student success. The ideal candidate will enjoy working directly with students, be a self-starter, and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Major Job Functions
- Collaborate within the Student Engagement team to manage the Texas Exes Student Membership programs and to generally build brand awareness amongst all UT students
- Serve as the primary advisor for Texas Exes Student Ambassadors
- Serve as primary student engagement Texas Exes liaison within the campus community including student groups, faculty, and staff.
- Assist in administering ring program through sales, ring number assignments and upkeep in database, year and/or degree verification, order verification and ring distribution, serve as primary contact for ring related inquiries, assist with the celebration events, and provide documentation of all ring sales to upper management
- Plan and execute the annual Texas Fight Rally by collaborating with student ambassadors, athletics, the Dean of Students Office and other cross-campus entities
- Coordinate the nomination and selection process for the Jean Holloway Award for Excellence in Teaching and the James W. Vick Award for Academic Advising, both of which involve student selection committees
- Coordinate the nomination and selection process for the Texas Exes Tejas Club Campus Leadership Award
- Collaborate with Engagement teams to recruit alumni to participate in student – alumni networking events
- Develop and manage business plans and budgets for student relations programs
- Assist with the Camp Texas program
- Assist in work plan and implementation of Alumni and Student Networking Platform
- Assist with Student Membership promotion at Chapter Send-Offs
- Assist the Engagement team with other events and initiatives as needed
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with varied ages, personalities, and status levels (alumni volunteers, professional peers, and students)
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask and handle several projects at once
- Strong written communication skills to compose, edit, and proof printed materials
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, database manipulation, and web administration
- Ability to be flexible and be a self-starter
- Demonstrate strong facilitation skills for varying group size
- Demonstrate strong ability to effectively lead and facilitate student groups
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to attend regular evening and occasional weekend events
- Ability to lift 25 lbs, load and transport via automobile and/or golf cart
- Valid Class C driver’s license and good driving record
- Proof of work authorization upon hire
- Pass background check
Other Skills/Abilities/Success Factors
- 1 – 2 years of experience working directly with students preferred
- Master's degree in college student personnel administration, student affairs, or other relevant discipline preferred
- Excitement for creating and managing initiatives for UT students and student members of the Texas Exes
- Excitement for the mission and priorities of the Texas Exes
The Texas Exes prides itself on being a family-oriented and fulfilling working environment. We are a close-knit team of mission-driven people who get the job done. We offer our full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package (generous 401K match, fully paid health premium options with employer contribution into an HSA, and free parking—just to name a few), and a professional culture that rewards and acknowledges hard work, creativity, and loyalty.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume, cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS by 6/12/19 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Student Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting.
No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.