About Project Worldwide
Texas Exes and the Department of Diversity and Community Engagement partner together to create a national service initiative, Project Worldwide. Project Worldwide takes place in the month of February in conjunction with The Project, The University of Texas at Austin’s largest day of service, which takes place the last Saturday of February every year. By teaming up, the DDCE and the Texas Exes have extended community service throughout the month of February and around the globe through Project Worldwide.
Why participate in Project Worldwide?
- Great PR for the Chapter
- Highlights UT and Texas Exes all over the country and world
- Reminds your local community of the great things your members are doing
- Engages new alumni that may not have previously been involved with the Chapter
- Chapters who participate in community service events note that alumni not previously involved with the group are participating in these types of community service activities.
This handbook is designed to guide you through planning a successful service activity. If you already have a service activity in place, or you conduct projects throughout the year, you could simply schedule one of them to occur in the month of February and register the event with the Texas Exes.
All chapters are required to have their participants fill out the linked waiver form for Project Worldwide service activities.
Project Worldwide Conference Call Notes
- January 11, 2017 - Project Worldwide 30 days out
- January 10, 2018 - Project Worldwide Training Call Notes
- Choosing your service project
- Marketing your event
- Volunteer recruitment
- Event Kit requests
- Event Check lists
- Organizing day
- November 15, 2016- Serious Minded Content and Key Priority Events
- What are Key Priority Events
- Event collaborations
- Advocacy and including your representatives at events
- How to use LinkedIn to connect with Alumni and Speakers in your area
For questions, contact the Chapters Department at (512) 840-5637, or send an e-mail to Catherine Flores at email@example.com.