Network Secretary: Jake Reyna-Casanova
Originally from San Antonio, TX, Jake Reyna-Casanova is a 2014 University of Texas graduate, graduating with his Bachelor of Science – Public Health degree. He then went on to get his Master of Public Health degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center – Houston in 2016. Since graduating with his master’s degree, he has worked for two Federally Qualified Health Centers ensuring that the most vulnerable communities received high-quality healthcare. Currently, he is a Senior Development Associate at CommuniCare Health Centers in San Antonio. In his role, he manages all grants for the organization and helps with marketing and fundraising initiatives.
Jake has a true passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and brings this perspective to his work, as well as serves as a DEI leader on the multiple boards he sits on. He is a Life Member of the Texas Exes and looks forward to being actively involved in the Pride Alumni Network. In his free time, he loves to run, play tennis, and spend time with his husband and fur babies.
Duties of the Network Secretary
- Confirm meeting logistics such as room, call-in number, date/time, reminders to committee, call out for agenda items for each meeting
- Attend all board meetings and keep notes to distribute following the meeting
- Obtain updated membership list monthly from Texas Exes staff with new members by committee and geographic region/city; and distribute appropriate committee volunteer lists to committee chairs
- Create content for newsletter based on monthly board committee meeting activities
- Maintain an archive of Network notes, newsletters, events, photographs and other historical information/documents