The Texas Exes Student Ambassador Group is a student leadership opportunity that is charged with representing the association and for building awareness of and encouraging involvement in the Texas Exes amongst their peers. The group is composed of up to ten current students who have a deep love for UT and the Texas Exes. The group is designed to strengthen both student-to-student and student-to-alumni relationships and will meet regularly to have in-depth talks and discussions with Texas Exes staff and partners.
Required Qualifications/Essential Requirements:
- Must serve both Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Semester
- Must be currently enrolled in The University of Texas at Austin.
- Must be in good academic standing with the university with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Must be in and maintain good disciplinary standing with the University of Texas. Violations will be reported to the Texas Exes and may exclude a student from participation in the Texas Exes Student Ambassador Group. Note that disciplinary records may be reviewed on a regular basis, and new violations may be grounds for removal from the Texas Exes Student Ambassador Group.
- Must attend monthly Texas Exes Student Ambassador Group meetings and any other meetings assigned for relevant events/duties.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work on a team
- Must contain strong organizational skills
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate daytime, evening and weekend work
- Must be a current Texas Exes student member or become one if selected
Major Group Functions:
Build and maintain relationship with Rec Sports, encourage signups from student members
Texas Fight Rally
Assist with setup and execution of the event, recruit and monitor volunteers
Dinners & Discussions
Encourage sign ups, be an official host of the dinner, interact with alumni and student guests
Greet students, take photos, field questions
Greet students, families and friends
Manage student section of football tailgates
Ensure a great tailgate experience for student members
Other Sport Tailgates(Basketball/Baseball)
Pass out tailgate swag to student members
Pass out beat shirts and other information as necessary, facilitate student design competition
Table for Texas Exes at orientations, parent/family weekend, departmental, and other campus events
Great Texas Exit
Assist in greeting recent graduates and encouraging membership sign-ups for recent alumni
Orange and White Welcome
Assist with various stations as needed and make sure students are enjoying the event
Review submitted applications and select a top candidate
Alumni Chapter Events
Assist and promote as necessary
Graduation and Class Gift
Gauge interest from campus community and promote class gift donations
Make Campus Presentations
Present at various events and group meetings on behalf of Texas Exes
Ask an Ambassador!
Maintain email responses from student members in the monthly newsletters
- Discounted Class Ring
- Discounted Life Membership
- Mentoring and Networking Opportunities
- Admission to Texas Exes Events (as space is available)
- Ambassador of the Year Award
Application Timeline Fall 2017
- August 1st: Application Opens
- August 28th: Application Closes
- August 29th-September 1st: Interview Selections
- September 5th- 8th: Interviews as needed
- September 8th: Ambassador Decisions Finalized
Please contact Lewis Hall at Lewis.Hall@texasexes.org with any questions, comments or concerns.