The San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is committed to creating opportunities for fellowship, fun and meaningful alumni involvement for Texas Exes members - with a San Francisco flair.
Join us for social, networking and community events in the Bay Area! We strive to provide a variety of activities to meet the needs of over 1,000 Bay Area Longhorns.
Through our scholarship program, we help top high-school graduates from the Bay Area to attend The University and have the same wonderful educational opportunity we did.
The Texas Exes - San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is affliated with the Texas Exes, our parent organization. Chapter membership is automatic if you are a member of the Texas Exes. Visit http://www.texasexes.org/join/ to join or renew your membership.
Membership benefits include: lifetime forwarding email address; game days at the Alumni Center; ALCALDE subscription; career services; travel services; continuing education discounts; great discounts on car rentals, home/auto insurance, magazine subscriptions, hotel reservations and more!
Come join the fun!
Occurring on the last Tuesday of each month, the chapter holds an open forum for members to attend. This is your opportunity to voice your thoughts on our chapter, pass on ideas for events, and to get involved in chapter planning. In the future, we also hope to have general meetings in South Bay & East Bay. Refreshments are typically served.
Once a month (typically every 2nd Thursday of the month in SF and every 3rd Thursday in South Bay), we gather on a Thursday evening to have a happy hour. These events are very friendly and casual and our hosts and hostesses will introduce you around!
We usually get 40+ people, with a nice mix of alumni of all ages.
Look for the burnt-orange UT flag and a group of friendly Longhorns chatting. If all else fails, ask the establishment host or hostess.
Thirsty Thursdays typically last from 6:30pm to 9:00pm or later.
Unless otherwise noted, we watch all Longhorn football games at Jaxson in San Francisco. We have the whole of the bar for every game, with plenty of flat-panel TVs to watch the Horns. Jaxson has committed to giving $1 for every Shiner Bock sold back to our chapter scholarship fund. For more information on Jaxson go to http://www.jaxsonsf.com/.
You can find the football schedule and much more at the Longhorn Football website.
Other Game-Watching Locations
Can't make it to Jaxson in San Francisco? Below are a list of game-watching venues in other areas of the Bay Area that Texas Exes have been known to gather at. We can not guarantee that every game will be televised at these spots, so please make sure to contact the location before you arrive. If you watch games with other Texas Exes at a different location, please let us know and we will post the information here.
- Palo Alto - The Old Pro (541 Ramona Ave) -- Note: Sometimes charges a small cover charge during peak periods that can be applied towards food/drink.
- Oakland - George & Walt's (5445 College Ave)
- San Jose - The Blue Chip (325 S First St) -- Note: Family friendly, but currently BYOB while they wait for their liquor license.
- Cupertino - BJ's (10690 N. De Anza Blvd) -- Note: Does not have College Game Plan.
- Walnut Creek - Rocco's Pizzeria (2909 Ygnacio Valley Rd)
- Foster City - Crowne Plaza Hotel's Clubhouse Bistro (1211 Chess Dr)
The official game-watching location for Texas men's basketball is McTeague's Saloon (1237 Polk St, San Francisco). Select games are chosen for game-watching parties (please refer to the calendar for upcoming game-watching parties). Come out and cheer on the Horns as they make another run to the Final Four!
The Burnt Orange BBQ
This annual kick-off event typically occurs in August and attracts a large number of Bay Area alumni and their families. This year's event occurred on August 16th and had over 70 Texas Exes in attendance.
Community Service Events
Please email us for more information on current volunteer opportunities.
Other chapter events include a Texas Independence Day bash, mixers with other college alumni chapters in the Bay Area, meeting posts at area festivals, professional development events, etc. Have an idea? Email us!
Leaderhip & Sponsorship Opportunities
Want to get involved with the Texas Exes? Below are opportunities to do just that. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in finding out more information or are ready to jump right in.
- Open Committees & Chair Positions – A number of committee and chair positions are currently open. If you have good ideas and a desire to plan events, please contact the officer team at email@example.com to express your interest in a position. Open committees include Social, Newsletter, and Philanthropy.
- Wanted: Chapter Sponsors – We are constantly on the look-out for potential sponsors. If you or your company may be interested in sponsoring our organization or in donating prizes for a specific event, please contact the officer team at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a description of sponsorship benefits.