Pursuant to Article II, Section 3 of our amended bylaws, the Board of Directors recently approved the following amounts for membership dues. Prior to voting, the Board of Directors held a conference call to specifically discuss this issue with the members of our Advisory Council.
Annual Dues ($50): All members who pay their annual dues will receive a free ticket to this year's Alumni Tailgate and will also receive all rights outlined in Article II, Section 2 of our amended bylaws.
Lifetime Dues ($500): All members who pay lifetime dues will receive a free ticket to all Fall Alumni Tailgates, all Spring Frisbee Fling Alumni Dinners, and a free ticket to other future events as designated by the Board of Directors. All members who pay lifetime dues will also permanently receive the rights outlined in Article II, Section 2 of our amended bylaws.
Lifetime Dues Payment Plan ($50/month for 10 months): Members may also elect to make ten monthly $50 payments to establish Life Membership, as described above.
Membership dues will be used to support a variety of activities connected with these purposes. Such activities include:
- The Alumni Mentorship Program, which matches Blazers students with Blazers Alumni
- Social and Networking Events (e.g., satellite happy hours, networking dinners, football road game events)
- Fall Alumni Weekend and Spring Alumni Dinner
- Graduation gifts and events (such as the new Texas Blazers graduation stoles)
- Community Service events co-hosted with Blazers (e.g. Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts, Graffiti Park Clean-Up)
- Planning for Future Initiatives (e.g., Eastside Memorial HS renovations, mentorship programs in East Austin, etc.)
Dues can be paid at the links above or by mailing a check to the following address:
Texas Exes Texas Blazers Alumni Network
11625 Georgian Oaks Drive
Austin, TX 78739