The Advocacy Intern for Texas Exes carries a variety of responsibilities centered on the development and maintenance of day to day advocacy operations for the association, with additional components of long term strategy development and planning for the program’s growth.
Advocacy Interns are engaged in the following activities:
• Higher education policy and legislative research on the state and federal level
• Campaign tracking, research, and data entry for election cycles
• Creation and copy-editing of strategic messages and corresponding writ materials
• Regional outreach and engagement of alumni, including further development of the alumni network.
• Facilitating student engagement with the Texas Exes advocacy program
• Management of Longhorn Advocates – student UT Advocate volunteers
• Event planning and coordination
• Alumni research and database tracking for continued growth of the program
• Database management in coordination with the Association’s CRM platform
• Various administrative tasks
Essential Job Requirements
Applicants should demonstrate the ability to work independently, finish tasks in a timely manner, and communicate effectively with high level alumni and professionals.
Applicants must be able to navigate a non-partisan political environment while handling sensitive and confidential information.
Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and competency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, are necessary.
Experience with the Texas Legislature, higher education policy, and advocacy are a plus.
This is a paid part-time internship position for summer 2018, with the potential to continue into the academic year. Deadline to apply is June 4, 2018.
Working hours will be set upon hire. If you have interest in advocacy program development, a love politics, a desire to gain experience in Texas political landscape, and are interested in the opportunity to work independently and creatively, then this position is for you.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, addressed to Daniel Becka.