The Travel Program Assistant supports the Texas Exes Flying Longhorns travel program on a part-time basis (20 hrs/wk) by working with prospective travelers for numerous trips designed to connect Texas Exes members to each other and to the University of Texas at Austin.
Major Job Functions
- Be a warm, enthusiastic, welcoming front line of customer service for the Flying Longhorns
- Respond efficiently and effectively to travelers’ questions via phone or email, or forward if necessary
- Take trip reservations via phone and record them in database
- Produce and process mailings related to travel reservations
- Assist with updating and maintaining website with current trip information
- Assist with updating and maintaining online travel databases
- Process incoming travel-related correspondence
- Provide administrative and customer service support to Director of Travel and Travel Coordinator
Essential Job Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Strong administrative, operational, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Computer literacy with complex databases such as Salesforce, and Word and Excel
- International group travel experience preferred
- Provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Pass background check
Other Skills/Abilities/Success Factors
- Maintain a positive, proactive and upbeat attitude while dealing with the public.
- Work diligently to maintain the integrity of our program and find innovative ways to create awareness of the great travel opportunities made available to our alumni and their families while keeping them connected to UT.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume, cover letter, and references by 6/14/19 to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Travel Program Assistant” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting. This p/t position is not eligible for medical benefits. No phone calls please. www.TexasExes.org
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer