The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces the opening for a part-time, non-exempt Scholarship Intern for the Spring 2019 semester.
The Scholarship Intern assists the Scholarship department through the execution of administrative tasks. This position will report directly to the Scholarship Coordinator.
Major Job Functions
- Operate the scholarship application system, including but not limited to, setting up scholarship qualifications; sorting application databases; and setting up volunteer reviewer groups
- Support compliance initiatives by documenting receipt of signed confidentiality and conflict of interest forms from scholarship volunteers
- Assist with the mailing of scholarship funding reports to donors and chapter leaders
- Keep track of scholarship recipient acceptance documents
- Assist with the mailing of recipient thank you letters and resumes to donors
- Assist with event preparation for the Forty Acres Scholars Program Finalist Weekend, including but not limited to, compiling materials and preparing packets for mail
- Execute miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Scholarship Coordinator
Essential Job Requirements
- Ability to work 20 hours/week preferred
- Flexibility to work through June 15 preferred
- Computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Office (Excel)
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective time management skills, especially during peak scholarship application periods and leading up to events
- Ability to work professionally with confidential information
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 7, 2018.
Be sure to put “Scholarships Intern” in the subject line.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer