The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces the immediate opening for the full-time, exempt position of Forty Acres Scholars Program Coordinator.
The Forty Acres Scholars Program is a full-ride, merit-based scholarship covering four years of undergraduate study, with funding provided for tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and enrichment experiences. Programming is focused on building the scholar community, professional and personal development, and interaction with UT alumni.
The Forty Acres Scholars Program (FASP) Coordinator plans, coordinates, and executes activities and logistics associated with the Scholar enrichment stipend and programming, essentially serving as a key liaison for the scholars.
Major Job Functions
· Guide scholars through the enrichment stipend process, including but not limited to, hold information sessions, meet individually with scholars, process applications and budget requests, submit payment requests, conduct pre-departure meetings, monitor and communicate with scholars throughout their enrichment experiences, reconcile expense reports, and plan and execute Enrichment Symposium
· Coordinate programming with scholars and 3rd parties (campus, alumni, donors, caterers, transportation, etc.)
· Correspond with scholars through email, text application, and private Facebook group
· Update scholar profiles on the FASP website
· Post scholarship stories and announcements on the FASP Facebook page
· Assist with and attend FASP activities and events, with many taking place in the evening and on the weekend
· Gather grade reports and thank you letters at the end of semester
· Collect, record and maintain data, including but not limited to, biographical and contact information of scholars and parents, event registration and attendance, and notes from staff
· Respond to requests for scholarship information via phone and email
· Become familiar with application process for FASP candidates
· Participate in initial review of FASP applications
· As needed, lead scholarship recruitment information sessions
· Based on the Coordinator’s interests, skills, experience and needs of the program, the Coordinator will have other responsibilities related to the general operations of the FASP
Essential Job Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 1 – 2 year’s work experience
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact with varied ages, personalities, and status levels (donor, alumni volunteers, professional peers, and students)
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and handle several projects at once
· Strong written communication skills (grammar, spelling, punctuation) to compose memos, letters and acknowledgements to students
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, database manipulation, and web administration
· Ability to be flexible and be a self-starter
· Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment with a positive demeanor
· Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events
· Experience in a university setting, particularly student advising, and prior event or program planning experience preferred
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume and a cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS—by Wednesday, October 2 to email@example.com.
Be sure to put “FASP Coordinator” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting.
No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer