The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces the immediate opening for the full-time, exempt position of Forty Acres Scholars Program Coordinator.
The Forty Acres Scholars Program (FASP) Coordinator plans, coordinates, and executes activities and logistics associated with the Scholar programming, particularly the events that occur on a weekly or consistent basis. In addition, execute various operational and administrative tasks for the program.
Major Job Functions
- Assist with the planning and execution of current scholar programming including: All Scholar Meetings, Freshman Dinner Series, Forty Acres Discussions, Senior Dinner Series, Service events and other optional programming
- Coordinate with Texas Exes staff for scholars to attend programming outside of the department including: Forty Acres Society events, Distinguished Alumnus Awards, OYTEX, Lunchtime Lectures
- Assist with the Scholar Programming Committee (8-10 scholars) to coordinate cross-cohort lunches, end-of-year party, and assist in guiding their programming efforts
- Assist with programming efforts of our Chapter/Named/Opportunity/Network scholarships when needed
- Coordinate FASP senior video and scholar headshots
- Post scholarship stories and announcements on the FASP Facebook page
- Correspond with scholars through email, text application, and private Facebook group
- Collect, record, and maintain data, including but not limited to, biographical and contact information of scholars and parents, event registration and attendance
- Oversee logistical programming functions of facilities request, absence requests, and sending reminders via Remind App
- Respond to requests for scholarship information via phone and email
- Help with all hands-on deck selection tasks such as application review and finalist weekend preparations
- Attend and help with all-hands-on-deck scholar events
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 year’s work experience
- Prior event planning experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with varied ages, personalities, and status levels (donor, alumni volunteers, professional peers, and students)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and handle several projects at once
- Strong written communication skills (grammar, spelling, punctuation) to compose correspondence to students
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office and database manipulation
- Ability to be flexible and be a self-starter
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment with a positive demeanor
- Ability to attend evening and weekend events
Other Skills/Abilities/Success Factors
- Experience in a university setting, particularly student advising, or student affairs preferred
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume and a cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS by Friday, September 17, 2021.
Be sure to put “FASP Coordinator” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting. No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer