The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces an opening for the Fall semester for the part-time (10-15 hours/week), non-exempt position of Events Intern.
Major Job Functions
· Assist event coordinator and event manager with planning and executing events including: Ring Week, Ring Celebration, Lunchtime Lectures, Gameday, Distinguished Alumnus Awards, Elizabeth Shatto Massey Award, and Outstanding Young Texas Exes.
· Solicit quotes from vendors and partners
· Communicate with vendors, partners, and Texas Exes employees
· Pull reports and update events in Texas Exes Custom Relationship Management Database (Salesforce)
· Print nametags, table tents, and other signage
· Gather and track event invoices
· Run occasional errands
· Participate in event planning meetings when available
· Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· Attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize and handle several projects at once
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Some basic data entry knowledge
· Availability to work some evenings and occasional weekends
· Proof of work authorization upon hire
· Pass background check
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume by Friday, July 26 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Events Intern” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting. No phone calls please.