Do you want to build your career at a place that values people, culture, and connection? Do you like helping people and managing volunteers? Do you want to work on behalf of a mission that you can feel good about?
With more than 500,000 Longhorns living around the world, the Texas Exes is one of the largest alumni associations in the country. And our more than 150 geographically based chapters and affinity networks are the lifeblood of the organization. The Chapters Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position in our Engagement Department that provides support for our volunteer chapter leaders and plays a vital role in keeping alumni connected and involved.
Major Job Functions
· Work with chapter volunteers to market and promote their chapter events and initiatives
· Administratively assist larger metro chapters with duties such as maintaining records, reporting demographics, etc.
· Assist in executing large chapter initiatives (i.e. Project Worldwide, Texas Independence Day, Student Sendoffs, and other priority events)
· Work with chapter volunteers and the Email Coordinator to build and manage weekly chapter emails promoting events
· Work with chapter volunteers and the Texas Exes Communications department to produce both printed and digital promotional materials
· Manage and send out the Chapter Events Calendar and Chapter and Network Leader Newsletters on a monthly basis
· Assist in updating the leadership manuals and training collateral; Host quarterly chapter training calls as needed
· Track chapter engagement in excel spreadsheets and alumni databases and run database reports on chapter demographics
· Invoice chapters for applicable materials and mailing expenses; ensure invoices are paid
· Request, document, and mail out chapter checks monthly
· Monitor the postage budget and documentation of all chapter mailings
· Help volunteers manage online credit card registration, keep track of chapter/network events, and assist chapters in developing a presence on the website and on social media
· Plan and coordinate Chapter and Network Leadership Conference logistics with Chapters and Networks department staff
· Represent Texas Exes at chapter and network events throughout the year as needed
· Based on the Coordinator’s interests, skills, experience and needs of the department, the Coordinator will have other responsibilities related to the general operations of the Chapters program
Essential Job Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree
· 1 - 2 years’ work experience
· Demonstrated experience working with volunteers and/or diverse populations
· Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills to assist volunteers
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently in order to meet deadlines
· Attention to detail and ability to handle several projects at once
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database manipulation, and web administration maintenance
· Passion for working for an organization that is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
Other Skills/Abilities/Success Factors
- Ability to attend evening and weekend events, and travel occasionally around the country representing Texas Exes.
- Event planning, fundraising, and volunteer management, or non-profit experience preferred.
- A team attitude is required to work with other departments to accomplish projects, as well as the ability to respond to the needs of the chapter volunteers in a timely manner while projects are on-going.
- Ensure that the Chapter and Network department is doing everything it can to provide as many services as possible for our volunteers to help existing chapters to continue to thrive and to help new chapters to grow.
The Texas Exes prides itself on being a family-oriented and fulfilling working environment. We are a close-knit team of mission-driven people who get the job done. We offer our full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package (generous 401K match, fully paid health premium options with employer contribution into an HSA, and free parking—just to name a few), and a professional culture that rewards and acknowledges hard work, creativity, and loyalty.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume, cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS to email@example.com.
Be sure to put “Chapters Coordinator” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting. No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer