The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces the immediate opening for the full-time, exempt position of Scholarship Coordinator.
Do you want to build your career at a place that values people, culture, and connection? Do you want to work on behalf of a mission that you can feel good about? Do you want to be valued for your experience, expertise, and unique strengths?
The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin is looking for a Scholarship Coordinator to directly engage with Longhorns and friends around the globe who are passionate about helping outstanding students attend The University of Texas. The Scholarship Coordinator supports the association in an integral role within a department that awards nearly $4 million in scholarships to approximately 650-700 students a year.
The Scholarship Coordinator continuously evaluates processes and procedures, identifying opportunities for growth and excellence in the Named and Chapter/Network scholarship programs. They are the point person for applicants throughout the year and serve as an important liaison to our volunteers and donors. They monitor association compliance with donor agreement guidelines, coordinate the scholarship notification and donor thank-you process, and facilitate the disbursement of funds.
Major Job Functions
- Maintain the online application system and be the department liaison to the third-party software company
- Coordinate and communicate the Chapter/Network Scholarships application process, review timeline, funds report and best practices with chapter/network leaders
- Coordinate the reading and selection processes for Named Scholarships within the scholarship application system
- Update scholarship inventory in CRM and scholarship application system
- Maintain list of scholarship volunteers within the scholarship application system
- Communicate the review process to over 600 scholarship volunteers
- Generate award emails within the scholarship application system to approximately 600 scholarship recipients
- Maintain list of scholarship recipients in database
- Coordinate the renewal process for approximately 100 scholarship recipients
- Manage an intern during the spring semester
- Mail recipient thank you letters to scholarship donors and chapter/network leaders
- Prepare scholarship check request spreadsheet and facilitate fund process with the Accounting department and Office of Financial Aid
- Collaborate with the Engagement department as it pertains to communication and issues concerning chapter/network leaders
- Respond to requests for scholarship information via phone and email
- As needed, assist with and attend FASP activities and events
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 – 2 year’s work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with varied ages, personalities, and status levels (donor, alumni volunteers, professional peers, and students)
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask and handle several projects at once
- Strong written communication skills to compose memos, letters and acknowledgements to students, donors and parents
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, database manipulation, and web administration
- Ability to be flexible and be a self-starter
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events
Other Skills/Abilities/Success Factors
- Experience with volunteer management strongly preferred
The Texas Exes prides itself on being a family-oriented and fulfilling working environment. We are a close-knit team of mission-driven people who get the job done. We offer our full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package (generous 401K match, fully paid health premium options with employer contribution into an HSA, and free parking—just to name a few), and a professional culture that rewards and acknowledges hard work, creativity, and loyalty.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume and a cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS to email@example.com.
Be sure to put “Scholarship Coordinator” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting.
No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer