The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces the immediate opening for the ON-SITE, full-time, exempt position of Salesforce Developer.
Do you want to build your career at place that values people, culture, and connection? Do you want to work on behalf of a mission that you can feel good about? Do you want to be valued for your experience, expertise, and unique strengths?
The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin is looking for a Salesforce Developer to help us connect our constituents around the globe. With more than 500,000 living alumni, we are one of the largest alumni associations in the nation and we’re looking to engage our members in new and unique ways!
In this role, you can help an established (over 130 years of tradition!) and beloved organization bring in new solutions and build out complex features that will enhance its engagement efforts. You will design and develop Salesforce-based solutions to address unique business needs and requirements for the association.
This position requires the expertise to solve complex CRM related technical design issues, and you will participate in the upgrade to a new Salesforce implementation.
Major Job Functions
As part of this project, you will:
- Work with our system integrator to architect new solutions and build fairly complex new features.
- Develop and/or maintain integrations between SF and external apps.
- Build external facing sites and/or applications.
- Develop lightning apps (internal or external).
- Maintenance & review of object structure, triggers, nightly batch processes and front-end integrations.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain customizations to the Texas Exes’ force.com CRM and portal integration.
- Evaluate, test, and implement third-party force.com applications, customizations, modifications, and upgrades
- Participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers, including system/business analysts, project managers, end-users, and other technology teams
In addition, you will:
- Manage, maintain, and modify existing APEX code and internal facing pages.
- Perform back-end development for ongoing features.
- Troubleshoot existing code to determine where it's breaking and then make fixes to it.
- Provide support for quality assurance testing and defect resolution.
- Document existing solutions and future projects.
- Maintain and implement integrations with external applications including website(s).
Essential Job Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience with the force.com development environment including APEX, Visual Force, Batch APEX, Lightning, unit tests, triggers, controllers, outbound messaging, etc.
- Experience object modeling in Salesforce through understanding of fundamental database concepts
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience consuming and implementing RESTful API’s
- Certified Developer (401), Advanced Developer (501) or other Salesforce certification a plus.
- Functional knowledge of Git and Github
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications via realtime, batch, sync/async
- Experience with Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with Jitterbit Cloud Connector
Other Skills/Abilities/Success Factors
- Self-directed/ability to work independently
- Ability to work and cooperate with a diverse group of professionals
- Very strong organizational and time-management skills
- Work on-site; this is not a remote position
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend events
The Texas Exes prides itself on being a family-oriented and fulfilling working environment. We are a close-knit team of mission-driven people who get the job done. We offer our full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package (generous 401K match, fully paid health premium options with employer contribution into an HSA, and free parking—just to name a few), and a professional culture that rewards and acknowledges hard work, creativity, and loyalty.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume, cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS—by May 11, 2018, to email@example.com.
Be sure to put “Salesforce Developer” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting.
No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer