The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces an opening for the full-time, exempt position of Digital Marketing Specialist.
Do you want to build your career at a place that values people, culture, and connection? Do you want to work on behalf of a mission that you can feel good about? Do you want to be valued for your experience, expertise, and unique strengths?
The Digital Marketing Specialist’s role is to design, create and deliver digital content strategies and campaigns to increase engagement and product sales. You will build automated customer journeys, work with our communications and creative teams to finalize messaging and set strategies for how we leverage our email and social channels. The ideal candidate should be passionate about driving innovation and performance, have a positive attitude, be detail-oriented, results driven, a dependable team player, and 100% focused on the customer experience.
Major Job Functions
- Build and manage multiple automated campaigns across several channels
- Maintain day-to-day email production schedule including the creation, development, testing and execution of email campaigns for targeted email communications
- Assist in strategic thinking and A/B test plan development to optimize email channel performance
- Support Marketing Team with weekly/monthly/ad hoc channel/campaign reporting
- Update email content and communication calendar on a weekly basis
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and research competitive landscape to identify new opportunities
- Devise and implement segmentation, using testing and targeting to maximize acquisition and conversion
- Devise new ways to market our products and craft engaging content
- Generate creative ideas on design, layouts & customer segmentation
- Build processes around how metrics are pulled and analyzed in an automated manner
- Build high-converting campaign landing pages
- A/B test various aspects of campaigns and landing pages, championing a “test and learn” mindset
- Explore lead generation/creation programs and inform new programs to drive organic traffic into our channels
- Use testing, online analytics, and customer behavior data to make fact-based decisions in our marketing automation roll-out
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field required
- A minimum of 2-years’ experience of email marketing
- Web analytics experience preferred
- Understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Demonstrated proficiency in email marketing technology
- Analytical: Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Collaborative: ability to work across multiple functions of the Association (Communications, Administration, Advocacy, Programs/Services) to assist in driving results
- Detail Oriented: able to provide accuracy and consistency throughout the work product
- Efficient: effective at producing required results within compressed timeframes
- Strong communication: both written and orally (consistent, efficient, and effective)
- Flexible: can be flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Independent: with the ability to effectively work unsupervised
- Proactive: able to note things that need to be done without being prompted and proactively address them
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products; experience in graphic design and basic understanding of html code a plus
- Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events
The Texas Exes prides itself on being a family-oriented and fulfilling working environment. We are a close-knit team of mission-driven people who get the job done. We offer our full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package (generous 401K match, fully paid health premium options with employer contribution into an HSA, and free parking—just to name a few), and a professional culture that rewards and acknowledges hard work, creativity, and loyalty.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume and a cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to put “Digital Marketing Specialist” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting.
No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer