The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces the immediate opening for the full-time, exempt position of Constituent Relations Manager.
The constituent relations team is responsible for generating frequent, timely communication and engagement opportunities with prospective and current donors of the Texas Exes.
The constituent relations manager supports the association by managing the Forty Acres Society, a mid-career giving society designed to move alumni to support the Forty Acres Scholars Program and discover deeper engagement with the Texas Exes and the University through special events and opportunities. This position also supports the VP and Executive Director in stewardship of major donors and development of a giving pipeline for donors to the Forty Acres Scholars Program. The manager is a highly engaged member of the constituent relations team working on the development and stewardship functions of the association. This individual will work closely with the VP and constituent relations administrator in tracking the progress of cross departmental initiatives, such as the creation of regular donor communications, writ materials, events, web updates, social media and database infrastructure. They will also oversee administrative activities with donors to the members of the 1883 Council and Forty Acres Society. The successful manager is energetic with a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic, highly motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals, is a self-starter willing to be creative with strategies, a team player, and someone who can effectively communicate passion and excitement for the Forty Acres Scholars Program.
Major Job Functions
· Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors for the Forty Acres Society & 1883 Council, resulting in the growth of the society to over 200 sustained members.
· Communicate Texas Exes’ philanthropic vision to constituents
· Plan and execute fundraising and stewardship events and programs, including but not limited to Forty Acres Society & 1883 Council events
· Develop and execute strategy for Forty Acres Society member retention
· Develop and create web content and writ material for the Forty Acres Society and 1883 Council
· Manage social media content and regular updates for the 1883 Council and Forty Acres Society
· Develop relationships with key prospects by conducting personal meetings and endearing them to the Texas Exes brand and philanthropic mission
· Expand the association’s reach among diverse communities by prospecting and cultivating relationships with key alumni and friends
· Respond to phone calls and email correspondence to assist donors with various requests
· Execute donor recognition for 1883 Council, Forty Acres Society
· Coordinate personal meetings, follow up, and stewardship directly with prospects and donors, involving the Executive Director and Vice President of Constituent Relations as necessary
· Ensure that gifts and volunteer involvement information is coded and tracked appropriately in CRM
· Collaborate with Central Development and development colleagues in other CSUs to ensure alignment when approaching donors
· Accurately manage Forty Acres Society budget
· Assist with development of presentation materials for events and meetings
- Provide support as required for all donor recognition events and opportunities
Essential Job Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3 - 5 years relevant experience
· Ability to travel in-state approximately 40% of the time
· Demonstrated success with fundraising concepts and strategies
· Demonstrated success in personal solicitation of gifts
· Experience and success with management of giving clubs or annual giving efforts
· Demonstrated excellence in computer literacy related to word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, data analysis and report generation
· Experience working with CRM databases; Salesforce and VIP experience is a plus
· Experience managing company social media accounts preferred
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Ability to interact with varied ages, personalities, and status levels (donors, alumni volunteers, professional peers, and students)
· Strong verbal skills to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients and diverse groups and articulately communicate Texas Exes’ philanthropic vision to its constituents
· Strong written communication skills to compose, edit, and proof printed materials directed to a college-educated population
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong comfort level with public speaking
· Strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle several projects at once
· Strong follow-up and time management skills
· Creative and driven to take program to next level
· Ability to regularly attend evening and weekend events
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume and a cover letter, professional references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS March 9, 2018 to email@example.com.
Be sure to put “Constituent Relations Manager” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting.
No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer